BG GDI Performance Service
Service Interval: 12,000 kilometres
Although Direct Injection provides more power and efficiency, they are also prone to carbon build-up on the piston surface, intake ports and valves that over time reduces the airflow to the cylinders, and therefore reduces power. As early as 32,000 km, deposits in GDI engines can cause dramatic efficiency losses and low-mileage misfire codes.
GDI engines run at much higher cylinder pressures than conventional PFI engines. If piston sealing rings are not kept clean, these high combustion pressures can force fuel to blow-by into the crankcase, which causes oil to break down. Inadequate sealing also allows oil vapors to distribute sticky oil residue on fuel system components.
Without fuel spraying the intake, sticky deposits build up on valves and ports and restrict airflow. Extreme heat bakes sticky deposits into hard carbon deposits, which eventually break off into the combustion chamber and cause permanent cylinder damage. Deposits on fuel injectors, piston rings and piston tops in combustion chambers result in poor compression, loss of power, higher emissions and decreased fuel efficiency.
The best way – and in many cases the only way – to fight these tough-to-remove deposits is to avoid them in the first place. The BEST way to do that is with the BG GDI Performance Service every 12,000 km. The BG GDI Performance Service cleans and protects the vital components in a GDI vehicle’s lubrication and fuel systems.
Prevention is the best protection! Preventive maintenance with a BG GDI Performance Service can curtail dramatic efficiency losses, extensive deposits, low-mileage misfire codes and fuel economy loss.
- Removes deposits from piston rings
- Prevents premature buildup on fuel injectors, piston tops and in combustion chambers
- Prevents cross contamination of oil and fuel
- Cleans micro passageways in gasoline direct injection engines
- Fortifies engine oil to resist breakdown due to extreme heat
- Improves engine compression
- Restored power
- Reliable engine performance
- Restored fuel economy
See the Results
Grooves are worn into the soft metal of the spool valve housing by hardened seals. Metallic debris from such wear accumulates in the fluid causing premature component failure!
Service includes these 3 products
- Cleans fuel injectors and combustion chambers
- Reduces problems caused by deposit buildup such as engine surge, stalling, stumble, hesitation and power loss
2010 Ford Taurus SHO 3.5L
Injector deposits after 50,000 kilometres
Same injector after one tankful of fuel with BG 44K
- Prevents sludge buildup and oil oxidation
- Keeps ring lands, hydraulic lifters and other engine components clean
- Extends engine life and reduce costs of operation
- Prevents cylinder wall scoring
2010 Jaguar 5.0L
Cylinder wall at 32,100 kilometres2011 Jaguar 5.0L
Cylinder wall at 39,095 kilometres. BG MOA used every 12,000 kilometres