Your neighbourhood dealership alternative
Maintaining your vehicle in accordance with the factory recommended maintenance schedule will keep it in great condition and will help protect your vehicle investment.
Scheduled factory maintenance in Surrey
Staying up to date on routine maintenance is a surefire way to help your vehicle run great for years to come. The new vehicle warranty that came with your vehicle requires you to follow the maintenance schedule for it and receive regular service from an authorized service center.
Myth: You need to service your new vehicle at a dealership to keep your warranty.
Myth: Only dealerships have the tools and knowledge to service your vehicle.
Myth: Fixed price servicing saves money.
Myth: Capped price servicing saves money.
Ready to schedule service?
We can help.
Your questions, answered
Why is it important?
The engine oil inside your car is a key component of lubricating its insides. Engine oil has a use-by date, after about 7,000km, or 12 months, engine oil will start to break down and deteriorate, becoming less and less effective at doing the job it needs to do.
- If it is not changed regularly, parts in your car start to deteriorate and the inevitable result is unnecessary repairs, breakdowns and even a blown engine.
- If your coolant hasn’t been replaced and you go to the snow or other very cold conditions, your engine will freeze over.
- If your brake fluid hasn’t been replaced on time you’ll eventually get water contamination that will rust your internal braking system.
How often should I service my vehicle?
We’re all told to refer to our vehicle owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule. However, most people don’t even look at it… let alone understand it!
To simplify it right down to the “need to know”, we’ve put together an overview of what needs to be serviced and when that will suit most vehicles:
EVERY 5,000KM OR 6 MONTHS (whichever comes first)
- Engine oil – Oil filter *Some new cars under warranty 15,000km/ 12 months
EVERY 40,000KM OR 2 YEARS
- A/C cabin filter – Air filter – Brake fluid – Brakes – Coolant flush – Diff oil
- Spark plugs – Transmission service (manual) – Tires & wheel alignment
EVERY 60,000-80,000KM OR 3-4 YEARS
- Battery – Fuel filter – Transmission service (auto)
EVERY 80,000-120,000KM OR 4-6 YEARS
- Clutch (manual) – Platinum spark plugs – Timing belt & water pump – Wiper rubbers
EVERY 120,000KM OR 6 YEARS